Rustic Garlic Chicken
Scrumptious dinners do not get easier than this. This Rustic Garlic Chicken is a one pot recipe that will fit right with your dinner menu. The taste is divine and the recipe is so simple, you’ll want to come back to it again and again.
Trust me when I say it is simple, because this recipe needs a very small amount of prep time and doesn’t require a lot of complicated steps. Plus, if you’re like me and you love garlic, this dish will shoot right to the top of your list of favorites. Rustic Garlic Chicken, as the name suggests, needs a large amount of garlic, about 25 cloves. And the wine-infused gravy will leave you smacking your lips.
The beautiful mellow flavor of the garlic gravy can be enjoyed with some freshly baked bread or served over some mashed potatoes. My choice was to make some basil rice with butter and serve the dish with a glass of the wine that went in the gravy. You can serve it along side some salad too, but I suggest you give in and enjoy the richness of this dinner.
For the chicken, you can use any cut. But the best option is to use chicken thighs with the skin on. The crispy skin will add another dimension of yumminess to your dish. You can use any other part of the chicken too. This Rustic Garlic Chicken is perfect with anything, after all.
- 1kg Chicken Thighs with skin
- 25 Cloves Garlic
- 250g Mushrooms
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Basil
- 2 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Dry the chicken pieces to ensure that they brown well. Rub salt and pepper over the chicken. Fry them until they are browned on either side. It would take about 8-10 minutes for both sides.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the roughly chopped garlic to the pan and let it slightly brown.
- Add the sliced mushrooms. Let the mushrooms release all their moisture and become golden brown.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and garlic and ensure they’re properly covered. Reduce the heat to low and add the wine. Whisk it and let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock with the thyme, basil, salt and pepper. Stir and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and cover the pot. Let it simmer for about 20-25 minutes. After 20 minutes, check if the chicken is tender by inserting a fork.
- Before you are ready to take the pan off the heat, add the butter and stir it in well. Check for salt and pepper and adjust accordingly. Turn off the heat and serve the Rustic Garlic Chicken over hot steaming rice.
A recipe as simple as this, you can have it for dinner almost every other day. The ingredients are easily available, unless a bottle of wine cannot stay unfinished in your house. Enjoy the Rustic Garlic Chicken with your loves ones. And tell me if you like the recipe!